I. Epistemic History of Listening in Discussion
Berlin, July 10, 2013
The inaugural workshop was focused on the presentation and discussion of the network's proposed research project on the auditory history of knowledge. To this end, representatives of various fields and disciplines within sound studies were invited to comment on the network's project.
In the morning, an internal workshop took place in the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science.
A podium discussion, open to the public and entitled "What Does the Ear Know? On Auditory Knowledge in Transition" took place in the evening between 5 and 7 pm in the auditorium of the Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm Center of the Humboldt University in Berlin.
- Wolfgang Auhagen (Martin Luther University, Halle-Wittenberg)
- Lorraine Daston (Max Planck Institute for the History of Knowledge, Berlin)
- Marcus Gammel (Deutschlandradio Kultur, Berlin)
- Thomas Y. Levin (Princeton University)
- Stefan Weinzierl (Technical University Berlin)
(Stefan Koelsch of the Free University of Berlin was unable to attend due to illness.)
Here you may find some images of the first workshop.